Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First post from a veteran "mobster".

The first time I remember being called a "fascist" was during the 1964 presidential campaign. I was then a member of the Teen Age Republicans, and along with a small group of my fellow TARs was handing out Goldwater leaflets in the Northgate Shopping Center parking lot, just a bit north of Seattle. We were approached by a group of 4 "adults", apparently concerned that we were disseminating "mis-information", and asked to leave or risk incurring gross bodily harm. We left of course, and later were able to discover that the Fab 4 were members of a local union (I'm afraid I don't remember which one) and that we had not been the only group to experience a bit of "re-education" that day.

What I've learned since that day, is that there is really is nothing new under this Arizona sun, and that if today I were to head over to my local Wal-Mart parking lot and try to hand out copies of HR3200, the SEIU/ACORN storm troopers would probably be around to greet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment